Homo Erectus

I feel really motivated to make a new block rn for some reason. I'm gonna write primarily about my experiences as a Jimmy John's delivery driver because it's an awesome fucking job, but idk what other stories I'll feel like including... Who's to say, honestly?

I'll start this story with an example story.

I had a delivery to the hospital (as I do frequently) and I ended up waiting around the lobby of the Children's Hospital for a few minutes when some old lady receptionist called me over and was trying to open something on her phone. My charming self was like, "here, let me help!" so I opened this picture for her and it was a picture of a Jimmy John's® sandwich wrapped up with the word "BITCH" written pretty clearly across it. I was kinda like 😱 because I had no idea what to say. I figured she must have been acting like a bitch on the phone and the in-shop had decided to call her out so I started apologizing to her and then she was like, "My friend sent me that. It's a BLT with cheese." We were dying, when the nurse who ordered the Jimmy John's® in the first place showed up. She paid and then started to leave. The receptionist was like, "look at this picture my friend se-"but the nurse didn't hear a word she said as she walked away and there was an awkward silence. Overall, the most panicked I've ever been on the job.

Anyway, that wasn't too bad. We'll see where this goes.

Comments